So how exactly is Costa Rica an unbridled paradise? Let us count the ways…
1. You’re never far from the lushest of rainforests.
And the cutest of monkeys. Here, we have the view from the kitchen at Casa del Cabo vacation rental in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
2. The crystal-clear waters look (and feel) like magic.
Luckily, most beaches here are veritably rock-free.
3. The locals can be friendly, curious, and downright adorable.
You wish you were as nimble as this white-headed capuchin, a common local resident in Costa Rica.
4. Blue has never looked quite this good.
Picture yourself here: The pool at Casa Galanda in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
5. Costa Rica’s elders have very deep roots.
The country’s home to two unbelievable old-growth forests.
6. By land or by sea, the views are incredible.
The weather’s always fine for a cruise around the coast.
7. The sunsets, too, are striking.
Watch the sun set at Galati Condo, Del Mar 3D in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
8. Serious adventure is always right around the corner.
Climb a waterfall? Swim in a lagoon? Have the most gorgeous picnic of your life? Check, check, and check!
9. Or you can take it as slowly as you need to.
It’s not unusual to see some adorable sloths all over the country.
10. Even the pools here are at one with nature.
The views are just as stunning from every other room in Casa Solara in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
11. And the creepy-crawlers are even Instagram-worthy.
Just a lil katydid bug lounging on a vibrant flower.
12. There’s always time to have another drink by the pool.
Enjoy a quiet evening at Villa La Perla in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
13. Everything is totally, completely alive.
The lower falls of the Nauyaca Waterfalls were practically designed for a post-hike swim.
14. No matter where you are, it’s worth stopping to take in the scenery.
…Like over dinner at Casa Ventana in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
15. And because it’s easy to get lost—and find yourself—here.
The stunning La Fortuna waterfall, or Catarata Fortuna, is located at the base of a dormant volcano.